After considerable success as a partner at an AmLaw100 law firm, Deborah Schwartz joined Chris Baker to form their exclusive practice at Baker Curtis & Schwartz, P.C.
Deborah represents both employers and employees in all aspects of employment litigation. She excels at litigation management and investigating and evaluating cases. Deborah’s peers have consistently rated her a rising star super lawyer, and in 2012 she was awarded Legal Services for Children’s pro bono advocate award. She has litigated and successfully resolved hundreds of individual and class action cases in the healthcare, retail, and manufacturing sectors.
Deborah’s intelligence, thoroughness and pragmatism is the foundation of her success as a practitioner. Her integrity and conscientiousness is why her clients have stayed with her for years.
Areas of Practice
- Labor & Employment
- Class Actions
- California, 2000
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. – 2000
- University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana
- B.S. cum laude – 1996
- Major: Psychology
- More Than Just E-Mail: Managing the Workplace Without Walls, February, 2003
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2009 – 2010
Past Employment Positions
- Nixon Peabody, Partner (2011-2014) Associate, 2008 – 2011
- Thelen, Associate, 2000 – 2008
Pro Bono Activities
- Legal Services for Children, 2008 – 2013
- Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights, 2000 – 2008