Mike joined Baker Curtis & Schwartz, P.C. in 2015 to represent individuals with the same skill and dedication he used in representing employers over the previous eight years. He and his partners at Baker Curtis & Schwartz, P.C. truly know every aspect of employment litigation and practice with the utmost integrity.
Prior to joining Baker Curtis & Schwartz, P.C., Mike represented some of the largest employers in the world at Am Law 100 law firms. He has extensive experience in class action litigation and a deep understanding of the healthcare industry. His peers rated him a rising star super lawyer 2014-2019. The results he obtains for his clients consistently confirm that honor.
Mike now represents employees and employers at the highest level in all aspects of litigation.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law
- Class Actions
- Intellectual Property (Trade Secrets, Noncompete, and Confidentiality Claims)
- California, 2007
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. – 2007
- University of California, Los Angeles, California
- B.A. – 2002
- Major: Political Science
- Stay out of it: Franchisors who leave personnel management and training to franchisees not liable for franchisees’ actions, Co-Author, September, 2014
- Ninth Circuit Holds That Taxi Drivers Are Employees, Not Independent Contractors, January, 2008
Past Employment Positions
- Nixon Peabody, Associate, 2008 – 2015
- Thelen LLP, Associate, 2007 – 2008