Mike joined Baker Curtis & Schwartz, P.C. in 2015 to represent individuals with the same skill and dedication he used in representing employers over the previous eight years. He and his partners at Baker Curtis & Schwartz, P.C. truly know every aspect of employment litigation and practice with the utmost integrity.
Prior to joining Baker Curtis & Schwartz, P.C., Mike represented some of the largest employers in the world at Am Law 100 law firms. He has extensive experience in class action litigation and a deep understanding of the health care industry. His peers rated him a rising star super lawyer in 2014, 2015 and 2016. The results he obtains for his clients consistently confirm that honor.
Mike now represents employees and employers at the highest level in all aspects of litigation.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law
- Class Actions
- Intellectual Property (Trade Secrets, Noncompete, and Confidentiality Claims)
- California, 2007
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. – 2007
- University of California, Los Angeles, California
- B.A. – 2002
- Major: Political Science
- Stay out of it: Franchisors who leave personnel management and training to franchisees not liable for franchisees’ actions, Co-Author, September, 2014
- Ninth Circuit Holds That Taxi Drivers Are Employees, Not Independent Contractors, January, 2008
Past Employment Positions
- Nixon Peabody, Associate, 2008 – 2015
- Thelen LLP, Associate, 2007 – 2008